Installation of WordPress Theme
- Open your Dashboard.
- Go to Appearance and click on Themes. This will open up the page as shown below.
3. Choose the theme that works for you. You can preview the theme before making any changes.
4. If you like the theme, Click on Activate & Publish.
Below are the screenshots of how my website looked before and after I changed my theme.
CSS Selector Modifications:
To do this,
- Go to Appearance,
- Click on Customize.
- Select Additional CSS.
- Type in the codes on the space provided. (Below are the screenshots of how they should look)
For Heading 1:
I changed the Font family to Sans-serif, colour to blue-violet and aligned the text to center. Below are the codes that I used for this:
For the Unordered List:
I changed the font size to 22px, font family to Arial and colour of the text to green, as well as aligned it to the left. Below are the codes that I used:
For the paragraph:
I changed the font size to 20px, font family to Verdana and colour of the text to black, as well as aligned it to the left. Below are the codes that I used:
Below are the examples of the usage of H1, H2, Ordered List, Unordered List and Emphasis (on the words ‘SMD101’ and ‘SMD103’)
H1: What will I do today?
H2: At School:
- Grab a cup of coffee from Tim Hortons on campus
- Attend SMD101
- Go Ice Skating during the break
- Attend SMD103
H3: After School:
- Go to the Gym
- Go for Winter Shopping
- Complete Assignments
- Get the Training Certificate for my new job
Creation of New Class:
Here is the screenshot of the class (named SMD104) that I created and this is the line I modified using the class.
Below is the code I used to call the class:
<p class=”SMD104″> </p>
- Copy the code from Google Analytics.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Appearance and click on Editor.
- Paste the code in the Footer section of your website