This blog is for beginners trying to create a video.
I created a video on Casa Loma for their Halloween event as a part of my assignment.
- The video platform that I’ve used: Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark is a brilliant platform to create videos as well as posts for Social Media. There are two separate applications of Adobe Spark available on iOS for videos(Spark Video) and posts(Spark Post). Spark Video is a very handy app that allows beginners to make professional looking videos from their mobile phones. Since we know that videos are becoming the most engaging medium to communicate with our audience on various Social media platforms, Adobe Spark (Spark Video app on phone) can be used to create compelling videos as it has a number of options- themes to choose from, options for screen size (square or widescreen) and background music which can be easily changed. Brands could exploit the features to create quick, yet professional looking videos.
- The device used to shoot the video: Samsung S9
- The device used to create the video: iPhone 5S
- Additionally, I used Instagram Filters (Boomerang and Superzoom) while shooting the videos to add dramatic effects.
- Techniques Used: I compiled various images and short video clips to create this video. Also, I downloaded a spooky song to add as the background music to give the feels of Halloween.
Have a look at my video before we proceed to the steps of how I created it.
Here is how I created mine:
I took short video clips and images which I later combined using Adobe Spark.
- Download Adobe Spark Video on your phone
- Sign in to the app. You will see this screen once you’ve signed in.
- After clicking on the + button, choose ‘Select from scratch’
- Click on the + sign on the white area to add videos, text, photos or icons from your phone. For my video, I used a combination of video, photos and text.
- You can trim the video according to your requirements.
- You can also select the theme that you want for your video.
- Change the background music by choosing music from your phone or from the list of music provided in the app.
Once you’re done you can preview the video, and make the necessary amendments.
Now that you know how to make a video, share yours on the comments below!